Decision on the Appointment of the Personal Data Protection Officer
Pursuant to Article 18.a(2) of the Personal Data Protection Act (Official Gazette No 103/03, 118/06, 41/08, 130/11 and 106/12) and the Ordinance on the collection, processing, use and protection of personal data, the company Marodi d.o.o., Nedelišće, represented by its General Manager Stjepan Marodi, hereby adopts the following
on the Appointment of the Personal Data Protection Officer
Darinka Kos is hereby appointed Personal Data Protection Officer for the company Marodi d.o.o., Nedelišće.
The Data Protection Officer shall carry out the following tasks:
- ensuring lawfulness of personal data protection in the sense of compliance with personal data protection laws;
- warning data controllers of the necessity of applying personal data protection regulations in cases of planning and actions that may affect the matters of personal data privacy and protection;
- acquainting all employees charged with personal data processing with their legal obligations for the purpose of personal data protection;
- ensuring fulfilment of the obligations laid out in Articles 14 and 17 of the Personal Data Protection Act;
- enabling exercise of the data subjects’ rights laid down in Articles 19 and 20 of the Personal Data Protection Act;
- cooperation with the Personal Data Protection Agency in connection with the supervision of personal data processing.
The Data Protection Officer shall keep the confidentiality of all information and data learned in the course of the fulfilment of their duties, which shall last after the cessation of the duties of the Personal Data Protection Officer.
The official contact information of the Data Protection Officer at the company Marodi d.o.o., Nedelišće, is as follows:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official telephone number: 040 364 344
- Official telefax number: 040 364 345
This Decision shall be published on the bulletin board of the company Marodi d.o.o., Nedelišće, and on the website www.marodi.com.
STATEMENT OF GROUNDS
Pursuant to Article 18.a of the Personal Data Protection Act (Official Gazette No 103/03, 118/06, 41/08, 130/11 and 106/12) any data controller employing more than 20 employees shall appoint a personal data protection officer, and the appointment must be done in writing.
A person against which proceedings are pending due to breach of official duty or misconduct as well as against whom a punitive measure has been imposed due to breach of the code of ethics and other code of conduct adopted by the employer may not be appointed personal data protection officer.
Furthermore, the data controller shall make the official contact information of the personal data protection officer publicly available on their website or in another appropriate manner, and shall notify the Personal Data Protection Agency of the appointment of the personal data protection officer.
Further to the above, since the company Marodi d.o.o., Nedelišće, employs more than 20 employees, the above Decision was adopted.